I am a Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Waterloo. Prior to the University of Waterloo, I was a postdoctoral fellow at the University of California, Berkeley working in the Ptolemy group with Edward A. Lee.
My research is in the design, analysis, and implementation of computer hardware and software. Currently, my research focuses on the following topics: real-time embedded systems; computer architecture; hardware architectures for machine learning and artificial intelligence; and security.
Students must have a strong background in programming (both software and hardware). If you are applying to either the Computer Science or Electrical and Computer Engineering department, and are interested in this research, then please send me your CV. Unfortunately, it may not be possible to respond to all email.
Research TeamCurrent Students
- Anirudh M. Kaushik, Ph.D.
- Zhuanhao Wu, Ph.D.
- Artem Klashtorny, MASc.
- Zhuanhao Wu, MASc., Spring 2019.
- Mohamed Hassan, Ph.D., Winter 2016 (McMaster University)
- Hany Kashif, Ph.D., Fall 2015 (SOTI Research)
- Paulos Tegegn, MASc., Winter 2019 (Evertz Microsystems)
- Nivedita Sritharan, MASc., Spring 2017
- Yunling Cui, MASc., Winter 2017 (Intel, Canada)
- Nathan Buchanan, MASc., Fall 2016 (Texas Instruments, USA)
- Zhuoran Yin, MASc., Winter 2015 (National Instruments)
- Anirudh Kaushik, MASc., Winter 2014 (IBM Toronto => PhD @ Waterloo)
- Aayush Prakash, MASc., Spring 2012 (IBM Toronto => Nvidia Canada)
- Sina Gholamian, MASc., Spring 2012 (Thalmic Labs.=>Qualcomm Canada=> PhD @ Waterloo)
- Dan Wang, Research Associate, Fall 2013 (Istuary)
- Special Issue Editor, ACM Transactions on Embedded Computing (TECS), 2020 -
- Senior Associate Editor, ACM Transactions on Embedded Computing (TECS), 2017 - 2020
- Associate Editor, ACM Transactions on Embedded Computing (TECS), 2013 - 2016
- Technical program committee member, Design Automation Conference (DAC), 2016,2017,2018
- Technical program committee member, International Conference on Real-time and Embedded Technology and Applications Symposium (RTAS), 2015,2017,2018
- Technical program committee member, IEEE Real-time Systems Symposium (RTSS), 2018, 2020
- Technical program committee member, Design Automation and Test in Europe (DATE), 2018
- Technical program committee member, Asia and South Pacific Design Automation Conference (ASP-DAC), 2018
- Technical program committee member, International Conference on Compilers, Architectures and Synthesis of Embedded Systems (CASES), 2015
- Technical program committee member, International Conference on Computer-Aided Design (ICCAD), 2013 - 2015, 2019, 2020
ContactDepartment of Electrical and Computer Engineering,
University of Waterloo,
200 University Ave W, Waterloo, ON N2L 3G1, Canada.
Office: E5 4018
Tel: +1 519 888 4567
Fax: +1 519 746 7260